Be power smart with a FREE Sensibo smart device and save on your energy bill this summer.
Register through myEnergy to receive your free Sensibo and start saving this summer.
From 1 December 2020 to 31 March 2021, you can partner with CitiPower and Powercor to help reduce demand through the air conditioning unit in your home.
Energy use peaks every summer as we all try to stay cool and comfortable at home. With more of us staying at home this summer, our energy bills will continue to rise, so it is important to find ways of being more energy efficient.
A Sensibo allows you to remotely control your air conditioner through your smartphone. Benefits allow you to:
- Pre-cool your home from anywhere using your smart phone.
- Monitor your home’s temperature and humidity to make sure pets and kids are comfortable.
- Turn your air con on/off based on your location – never leave it running by mistake again!
- Automate reactions to room temperature – for example, you can cool a room to 25°C when the room reaches 30°C.
- Schedule your air con – turn it on/off at different times of the day.
Read more about Sensibo here:
To participate, you’ll need to live in specific areas, register through the myEnergy portal, and set up your Sensibo smart aircon controller. Then, simply sit back, relax, and look out for our Energy Partner Event notifications.
How the program works:
- Log in to myEnergy. If you do not have a myEnergy account, you can register for one here: https://customermeterdata.portal.powercor.com.au/customermeterdata/CADRegoPage
- Click on your name at the top right hand of the page and select ‘Manage my NMIs’
- If you have not registered a NMI then click on ‘Add NMI’ and follow the steps to add your NMI to your account (note: you can find your NMI number on your electricity bill).
- Once your NMI is added click on the ‘Join’ button under the ‘Energy Partner’ heading
- Complete the questionnaire to subscribe to the Energy Partner Program.
If you live in one of the participating areas and want to become an Energy Partner, you need:
- A split system air conditioning unit in your living room that is operated by a remote control.
- Wifi with a strong signal strength in your living room.
- A smartphone or tablet for downloading the Sensibo app.
- Your NMI (national meter identifier), which can be found on your bill.
- You’ll know that you qualify once you log into myEnergy you’ll be prompted to join the program.
To read about the Sensibo and how it makes your air conditioner smart visit sensibo.com.au
Energy Partner is a demand response program and forms part of the overall demand management strategy. View more information on Demand Management.