Regardless of your choice of energy technology, we encourage you to check with us early in the process to make sure your home’s electricity supply supports them. As your electricity distribution network, we want to help you get the most from your investment in these exciting new technologies.
Follow these simple steps to make sure you get the most out of your embedded generation investment:
- Make sure you or your installer gets an eConnect pre-approval for the capacity (kW) of export related to your embedded generation.
- It make sense to check with your retailer and assess other contracts to maximise the value of your investment. Victorian Energy Compare is a government run website that can provide you with an objective review of your retail rates. If you’re not sure where to start, visit #lineylessons for an overview of how to read your bill and use the Victorian Energy Compare website.
- Your installer will need to submit an alteration request through eConnect. This will ensure that your embedded generation is registered with the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
- The alteration request will also trigger a workflow for us to notify your retailer of a meter change. This is required for your retailer to recognise you as a generator and if appropriate, an exporter of any excess generation. This needs to occur for any relevant retailer, feed in tariffs to apply.
- For up to date charges see Network Tariffs and Charges.