Join the Energy Partner Program and we’ll pay you to reduce electricity demand in your community
This summer, Powercor are running the Energy Partner program which financially rewards households for reducing energy for a few hours, on a few select days over the summer months and we’d love for you to join.
From 1 December 2018 to 31 March 2019, you can partner with Powercor to help reduce demand through the air conditioning unit in your home.
How the program works:
- Click here to register for the program using your NMI (national meter identifier) which is unique to your address and can be found on your bill.
- You’ll receive a free Sensibo unit plus we’ll install it at no charge.
- We’ll notify you of an Event when we call one via email, text, or both depending on your preferences, so you’ll have time to pre-cool your home if you wish.
- During an Event, we will set your air conditioner up to a maximum of 26°C for around 3 hours between 3pm-8pm.
- You can opt-out if it doesn’t suit you on the day. You won’t receive the incentive for this Event, however it will not affect your participation or incentive payments in future Events.
- You will receive $20 every time you participate in an Event for the full 3 hours and you’ll go in to the draw to win a $1,000 RACV resorts voucher**.
- Better yet, if your air conditioner is off during an event, you will still receive $20.
To participate you need:
- To live in parts of the Bellarine Peninsula and Surf Coast of Victoria
- A split system air conditioning unit in your living room that is operated by a remote control
- Wifi with a good signal strength in your living room
- A smart phone or tablet that you can download the Sensibo app to
Become a Powercor Energy Partner and you could also help power your local school~.
As a special offer to support the introduction of this program to areas within the Bellarine Peninsula and Surf Coast, we are offering a competition benefiting local schools. The school with the most families who register and participate in Powercor Energy Partner events will win a $10,000 grant.
To read about the Sensibo and how it makes you air conditioner smart visit sensibo.com.au
You will need your NMI (national meter identifier) to register.
Energy Partner is a demand response program and forms part of the overall demand management strategy. View more information on Demand Management.