Connect your home of business through our online portal eConnect. Submit an application for basic connections services which do not require any alterations to existing network assets. This includes solar pre-approval, embedded generation connections and export for less than 200kW, new connections, alterations to your connection and abolishment requests.
You can track and monitor the progress of your requests, update and cancel requests and book appointments online.
Click here to register and submit an application.
You can submit multiple requests at once on eConnect
Use the new Bundled Requests functionality to:
- Create and submit multiple alteration, metered new connection and abolishment requests at a multi-occupancy site required to be completed in conjunction i.e., at the same time
- Select preferred truck appointments for all the requests in the bundle through one call to action – book appointment
- Track the progress of all the requests in the bundle in real time and actions required to be done to progress it
- Receive email and or SMS updates about the progress of your requests in the bundle
Help and Work Instructions for bundled requests
For more help on how to create and submit a bundled request view the work instruction.
You should use Bundled requests to create and submit multiple connection requests for a multi-occupancy site (or on same land title) that requires completion in conjunction i.e., at the same time. For example:
- multiple alterations along with metered new connections
- multiple metered new connections
- alteration, metered new connections and abolishment
- multiple abolishments
You are able to add up to 35 requests in a bundle.
eConnect checks the addresses of the CR’s at submission of the bundle. They must be the same for the bundle to be submitted.
If the alteration is an old address which needs updating, please send us a request to update the address with a copy of rates notice.
Solar, unmetered supply and embedded network requests cannot be added to a bundled request. Please continue to submit these requests via the new connections or alterations or abolishment options.
Please provide CES for all prescribed works e.g., risers, submains, common metering panel. You are able to attach them to the CR for P/L or to the lowest tenancy in the bundle. We require this information to carry out the connection works.
At times this information may be with the REC undertaking base building or common property works.
No. We are not able to add a CR to a bundle so it is important that all CRs are added to the bundle prior to submission.
Prior to submission of the Bundled Requests you are able to keep it as draft and submit when you believe all the connections requests required to be done at the same time at the site have been added to the bundle.
Prior to submitting the bundled request you are able to remove or cancel CRs from the bundle.
Remove – when you select ‘Remove’ the CR will be removed from the bundle but will still exist as a single CR request, which you can submit as a single CR.
Cancel – when you select ‘Cancel’ the CR status will change to ‘Cancelled’, you will no longer be able to use this CR and the cancelled CR will be removed from the bundle when you submit the bundle request.
After Submission of the bundled request you will have to call us to unlink a CR from the bundle.
You are able to manage and access your bundled requests through your eConnect dashboard by selecting “View bundled requests”.
When a CR is part of a bundle you will see bundle request ID along with a link at the top of the CR ID, for example: BNDL- 000781DIGC-1342.
Help and Work Instructions
Below are Work Instruction documents to assist you in using eConnect. Simply select the task you are looking to perform and follow the step-by-step guide.
You can also watch our eConnect video which takes you through what you can do on eConnect.
If you are a Registered Electrical Contractor (REC) and require assistance please call our 24/7 REC Hotline on 1300 360 410.
|Register and Manage your Account|
|New Connections, Alterations and Abolishments|
eConnect is CitiPower and Powercor’s online Electrical Work Request (EWR) system. It enables Registered Electrical Contractors (RECs), Licensed Electrical Workers (LEWs), Non-Electricians (Solar Providers, Builders, market participants) and guest users (the general public) to submit Solar Pre-Approval, New Connection, Alteration and Abolishment requests online, directly to CitiPower and Powercor.
It also enables users to track and monitor the progress of requests, update and cancel requests and to book appointments online.
Registered Electrical Contractors (RECs), Licensed Electrical Workers (LEWs), Non-Electricians (Solar Providers, Builders, market participants), Retailers, and guest users (the general public) can use eConnect.
- Submit and extend Solar Pre-Approval requests
- Submit and track New Connections
- Submit and track Alterations
- Submit and track Abolishments
- Submit Enquiries
- Supporting Retailer raised Meter Investigations and Meter Reconfigurations.
Registered Electrical Contractors (RECs), Licensed Electrical Workers (LEWs) and Non-Electricians must register in order to use eConnect.
A guest user, who has a one-off Solar Pre-Approval or connection request, or is an infrequent user of eConnect, is not required to register an account.
For instructions on how to register an eConnect account, click here.
As a registered user, eConnect will be your one-stop-shop and will enable you to:
- Submit your connections requests directly to CitiPower and Powercor
- Track and update your connections requests
- Clone connection requests for re-use
- Receive notification via SMS and email about the status of your connections requests
- Manage your user account
- Store your details for re-use each time you submit a new connection request
- CitiPower and Powercor will engage directly with the Retailer for the B2B Service Order documentation to be provided to support the connection request
- Customers will be able to access the connection request details and receive status updates as thE request progresses.
Yes. It is recommended that for all New Connection requests that you attach your CES via the file upload or photo option in eConnect. If it is left onsite and cannot be located, a wasted truck visit may be charged.
Yes. When you register your eConnect account, you can select how you wish to be notified. You can change this notification method by logging in to your account and updating your notification preference details.
Yes. eConnect enables you to upload photos, as well as provide detailed information in free text fields that may assist with progressing the connection request.
As a REC, if you have a locked account, you can nominate Licensed Electrical Workers (LEWs) to submit work on your behalf. You can manage these users by logging in to your eConnect account. You will have access to all connection requests submitted and completed by LEWs permitted to work on your behalf.