Energy Partner is a demand response program that occurs during the summer months. Details of this year's program can be found below.
Join the Energy Partner Program and we’ll pay you to reduce electricity demand in your community.
This summer, CitiPower and Powercor are running the Energy Partner program which financially rewards households in specific areas for reducing energy for a few hours, on a few select days over the summer months and we’d love for you to join.
From 1 December 2019 to 31 March 2020, you can partner with CitiPower and Powercor to help reduce demand through the air conditioning unit in your home.
To participate, you’ll need to live in specific areas and have a free Sensibo smart aircon controller installed.
Then, simply sit back, relax, and look out for our Energy Partner Event notifications. If you keep your hands off the temperature dial throughout our specified time slots, we’ll pay you $20 for each Event!
Some of the suburbs eligible for this year’s Energy Partner program include:
- Albert Park
- St Albans
How the program works:
- First, login to the myEnergy portal with your NMI (national meter identifier listen on your bills) to find out if you qualify. If you live in one of the participating areas you’ll be prompted to register for the Energy Partner program.
- We’ll install a Sensibo unit in your home, free of charge.
- We’ll notify you of each Event a few days in advance, giving you time to pre-cool your home. You can choose to receive notifications by email, text, or both.
- During each Event, we’ll control your air conditioning remotely for around 3 hours for each event.
- You can opt out if you don’t want to participate in an Event. You won’t receive payment for that Event, but it won’t stop you from participating and receiving payments for future Events.
- We’ll pay you $20 each time you participate in an Event for the full 3 hours.
- If your air conditioner is switched off during an event, you’ll still receive $20.
If you live in one of the participating areas and want to become an Energy Partner, you need:
- A split system air conditioning unit in your living room that is operated by a remote control.
- Wifi with a strong signal strength in your living room.
- A smartphone or tablet for downloading the Sensibo app.
- Your NMI (national meter identifier), which can be found on your bill.
- You’ll know that you qualify once you log into myEnergy you’ll be prompted to join the program.
To read about the Sensibo and how it makes your air conditioner smart visit sensibo.com.au
Energy Partner is a demand response program and forms part of the overall demand management strategy. View more information on Demand Management.