Registrations for the Energy Partner program have now closed. Invitation to register in next summer's program will open in September 2019. Details of this year's program can be found below.
Join the Energy Partner Program and we’ll pay you to reduce electricity demand in your community.
This summer, Powercor is running the Energy Partner program which financially rewards households for reducing energy for a few hours, on a few select days over the summer months and we’d love for you to join.
From 1 December 2018 to 31 March 2019, you can partner with Powercor to help reduce demand through the air conditioning unit in your home.
How the program works:
- Register for the program using your NMI (national meter identifier) which is unique to your address and can be found on your bill.
- You’ll receive a free Sensibo unit plus we’ll install it at no charge.
- We’ll notify you of an Event via email, text, or both depending on your preferences, so you’ll have time to pre-cool your home if you wish.
- During an Event, we will set your air conditioner up to a maximum of 26°C for around 3 hours between 3pm-8pm.
- You can opt-out if it doesn’t suit you on the day. You won’t receive the incentive for this Event, however it will not affect your participation or incentive payments in future Events.
- You will receive $20 every time you participate in an Event for the full 3 hours and you’ll go in to the draw to win a $1,000 RACV resorts voucher**.
- Better yet, if your air conditioner is off during an event, you will still receive $20.
To participate you need:
- To live in parts of the Bellarine Peninsula and Surf Coast of Victoria
- A split system air conditioning unit in your living room that is operated by a remote control
- Wifi with a good signal strength in your living room
- A smart phone or tablet to download the Sensibo app
- Your NMI (national meter identifier) which can be found on your bill
Become a Powercor Energy Partner and you could also help power your local school.
To support the introduction of this program to areas within the Bellarine Peninsula and Surf Coast, we’re running a competition to benefit local schools. The school with the most families who register and participate in Powercor Energy Partner events will win a $10,000 grant.
To read about the Sensibo and how it makes your air conditioner smart visit sensibo.com.au
Energy Partner is a demand response program and forms part of the overall demand management strategy. View more information on Demand Management.