As part of the Melton Network Upgrade, we will install a new feeder powerline connected to the Melton Zone Substation to help increase capacity of the network and support growth of both residential and commercial customers in the region.
The works include upgrades to the Zone Substation in Graham Street, as well as the installation of new overhead powerlines and underground power cables. Works will take place along Graham Street, Tullidge Street, Holland Drive, Collins Road, High Street and Mount Cottrell Road in Melton. The network upgrade will also take place along parts of the Western Freeway down to Leakes Road in Aintree.
What to expect during works
- There will be some planned temporary power outages during works. Any customers affected will be notified prior to outages.
- Works will be conducted on existing overhead powerlines and also involve installation of new power poles.
- Underground cable installations will require digging of parts of the road and nature strip.
- There may be times where we are required to interrupt drive way access to adjacent businesses while we complete works. We will work directly with any of the affected businesses.
- Traffic controllers and signage will be in place to help motorists, pedestrians and cyclists remain safe in changed road conditions.
- On completion of these works, any disturbed areas will be reinstated.
- The majority of works will be conducted during the day however some night works will be required.