Between May 2022 and July 2022 we will be completing underground cable works on William Street, Claremont Street, Yarra Street and Alexandra Avenue in South Yarra.
These underground cable works will enable a new power connection to supply energy to the new Metro Tunnel in South Yarra.
What to expect during construction
- Electricity supply will be maintained, there are no planned outages during these works.
- Works will involve digging up parts of the road and footpath.
- During works there will be some temporary traffic and parking impacts on William Street, Claremont Street, Yarra Street and Alexandra Avenue.
- Local traffic and pedestrian access will be maintained at all times with traffic control in place to safely guide vehicles and pedestrians around the work area.
- Reinstatement of the area will be progressively completed after the completion of construction works.
- Some of this work may be noisy.