Until late-2022, we will be completing underground cable works on William Street, Claremont Street, Yarra Street and Alexandra Avenue in South Yarra and on Mary Street in Richmond. Works to the overhead powerline network will also be required between McConchie Reserve on Mary Street Richmond, over the Batman Collector, M1 motorway and Yarra River to Alexandra Avenue in South Yarra.
These underground cable and overhead powerline works will enable a new power connection to supply energy to the new substation in South Yarra.
What to expect during construction
- Electricity supply will be maintained, there are no planned outages during these works.
- Works will involve digging up parts of the road and footpath.
- During works there will be some temporary traffic and parking impacts in South Yarra on William Street, Claremont Street, Yarra Street, Alexandra Avenue and Mary Street in Richmond.
- Local traffic and pedestrian access will be maintained at all times with traffic control in place to safely guide vehicles and pedestrians around the work area.
- Reinstatement of the area will be progressively completed after the completion of construction works.
- Some of this work may be noisy.