Our crews will work to relocate overhead and underground electrical assets from the old poles to the new poles on the following roads:
- Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn (between Callantina Road and Barkers Road)
- High Street, Kew (between Charles Street and Mountain View Road)
- Malvern Road, Armadale (between Surrey Road and Orrong Road)
- Intersection of Glenferrie Road and High Street, Armadale
- Macarthur Street, East Melbourne (between Spring Street and Albert Street)
Using a combination of day works and night works, these works will be completed at specific locations one at a time to ensure there is as little disruption to businesses and residents as possible.
Yarra Trams will then remove the redundant poles following the completion of CitiPower works.
What to expect
- Work crews operating at small work sites throughout the duration of the projects.
- Lane closures corresponding with work crew locations.
- Localised footpath closures with alternative pedestrian detours in place.
- Minimal effect on parking due to predominate night works and day works in specific locations.
- Traffic controllers and signage will safely direct vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists around the work area via detour routes.
- Increased noise and dust due to excavation works – measures will be taken to ensure minimal impact to businesses and residents.