19 March, 2020
Your safety and the safety of our communities is our number one priority. We recognise there’s a heightened sense of concern around the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and its declaration by the World Health Organisation as a public health emergency.
Over previous weeks, CitiPower and Powercor have been monitoring the situation very closely and have taken a lead from the Federal and State Governments to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff and customers. We’ve also set up a response team to oversee our preparedness, and have started to enact our business continuity plans to ensure that you’ve got the power to make it through this unprecedented emergency.
We’re continuing to work on faults as required and we’re well placed to continue to respond to critical maintenance and other network activities as required.
We want you to know that we’re prepared and have been taking action to make sure that we can continue to deliver the services that you rely on CitiPower and Powercor for – a safe and reliable electricity supply.
Below is an outline of how we’ve been preparing.
CitiPower and Powercor operations
- We have no planned shutdown periods or office closures
- Staff who are not feeling well have been asked to stay home and/or work from home as required
- Our field crews have been briefed on specific protocols to stay safe when working where a customer is in self-isolation due to COVID-19
- All international air travel for work has been suspended
- Those travelling for leisure have been advised to reconsider, in line with Australian Government recommendations
- Staff who have travelled overseas for leisure have been asked to take essential work equipment home and will be required to self quarantine for 14 days upon return as advised by the Australian Government
- To protect our staff, visitors are not permitted to attend a workplace if they have travelled overseas, until they have quarantined for 14 days
We’re prepared and ready if the situation escalates further but we also encourage you to prepare and continue to look after yourselves, your families and friends, and neighbours. Please make sure your mobile devices including phones and laptops are charged so you can continue to receive up to date information.
Further advice can be found at the links below;