May 13, 2020
Our full resources are available to support our customers. Please be assured:
- Our field teams will be following social distancing practices as they work in your community and as a crew, have taken precautions so they can safely work together.
- CitiPower and Powercor branded uniforms and identity cards will be worn by any field representatives that need to conduct works on or near your property.
- Approved contractors that work on our networks will carry CitiPower and Powercor branded identity cards.
- Wherever possible, our meter technicians will call you first if they need to come to your property.
- You will see new calling cards left in letterboxes when we are working in your area
- Notifications of any necessary power outages will include details on how we are working to ensure the safety of our people and communities.
- We will keep you advised by follow up SMS about plans for the work in your area.
We have released advice for customers on both how to prepare for potential power outages and the Victorian Government has issued advice on food safety.
If we need to work on your property, please advise if anyone in your household is self-isolated due to COVID-19, so our crews can take appropriate precautions for their own safety.
If you are a customer who relies on electricity to provide vital health support, then please ensure your contact details are updated with our Customer team via email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We keep records of anyone reliant on life support systems to ensure we do not physically disconnect their power supply. We will also let them know of any necessary planned outages so that they can be prepared with a back-up plan.